The moment you're charged with a crime or become the target of a criminal investigation, your reputation, livelihood, and very freedom become someone else's job. Who you trust with that responsibility is a big decision.
My name is Robert Homlar, and I have handled over 3,000 criminal cases and 50 jury trials in my 10 years as a criminal prosecutor. Since switching sides and becoming a criminal defender, I have successfully defended clients accused of drug crimes, weapons violations, and countless other crimes charged at both state and federal levels. More than that, my clients appreciate the level of experience and responsiveness I bring to each and every case I handle.
Most drug crimes can be charged as either misdemeanors or felonies — it all depends on how much of the drug you are caught with and what it appears you were intending to do with that drug. For example, the possession of marijuana is considered a misdemeanor in Georgia, whereas the manufacturing and importation of Methamphetamine is a federal violation.
Whether you were caught with marijuana, Methamphetamine, heroin, ecstasy, LSD, codeine, oxycodone, morphine, barbiturates, amphetamines, or another controlled substance, I am ready to defend you. When you work with me, you will get fierce representation in a judgment-free environment.
Thousands of criminal cases successfully resolved
Some crimes are automatically charged at the federal level while others may jump from misdemeanor to felony based on the severity of the alleged crime. In either scenario, my goal as your attorney is to get your criminal case thrown out altogether. However, if a dismissal isn't an option in your case, then I will fight tooth and nail to minimize your charges and penalties as much as possible.
Here are just a few of the federal offenses I handle regularly in my practice:
- Weapons crimes, including those that involve firearms regulations and firearms transfers. (I have represented both individual gun owners and firearms manufacturers on everything from simple licensing matters to federal criminal charges.)
- Violent crimes, such as murder, aggravated assault, and robbery.
- White collar crimes, like forgery, securities fraud, healthcare fraud, mail and wire fraud, money laundering, perjury, and false statements.
- Theft crimes, including burglary, larceny, embezzlement, and fraud.
Even if your alleged crime isn't listed above, I encourage you to call and set up a free consultation with me.
Other Criminal Matters I Handle
Facing a misdemeanor? Have pre-trial questions? Need help appealing a case? Don't worry — I handle all of that and more:
- Misdemeanors (Possession of Marijuana, Domestic Violence, Battery, Criminal Trespass, etc.)
- County Ordinance Violations
- Civil and Criminal RICO Defense
- Bond and Pretrial Matters
- Public Corruption and Ethics
- Parole Board Matters
- Probation Violations
- Post-Conviction Matters
- Sentence Reduction
- Petition for Pardon and Clemency
- Federal and State Habeas Corpus Petitions
- United States Federal and State Court Matters
Turn to me for unwavering legal support from the moment you're put under investigation through to the day your case is resolved.
Georgia & South Carolina Criminal Defense
Whether you've just been put under criminal investigation or you're facing a criminal charge, contact me as soon as possible. We'll get started with a free, one-on-one meeting in which I'll explain your rights and walk you through your options. After that, I'll do everything in my power to get you the best possible outcome for your case.